I wanted to start with an awesome picture from Keeneland pulled from the UK Instagram account. Happy Halloween!
This week from the Kaintuckeean and elsewhere from around the Commonwealth. First, from the Kaintuckeean ....
- Transylvania University Plaque Reveals Long History and Beautiful Architecture.
- A book review on the lost Frankfort community of Crawfish Bottom.
- Scandal and murder at Lexington's Yocum Motor Lodge.
- The Streetsweeper correctly guessed my parent's house on West Short Street as the week's #TBT. Stay tuned for more history at a later date!
- From the Jessamine Journal, the cold weather and the Woolly Worm Festival which concludes today in Beattyville.
Pretty cool! Giant rosary over#LexKy! #sharethelex can I get a RT, @Pontifex? pic.twitter.com/ceVPTGjnH9
— Peter Brackney (@kaintuckeean) October 24, 2013
No, I didn't get a RT from His Holiness. And now from elsewhere in Kentucky:
A profile on the hauntings of the Willis Green House in Danville [Advocate-Messenger]
KyForward republishes my #MarkerMonday piece on Duncan Tavern in Paris [KyForward]
95 acres added to Mill Springs Battlefield while another 100+ could be added in future [Herald-Leader]
Launching on Friday, the Beer Cheese Trail is now open in Winchester which is the Official Birthplace of Beer Cheese [Winchester Sun]