|Simpson County Courthouse - Franklin, Ky.|
Franklin has a beautiful courthouse lawn. The pictured courthouse was the third on the site and was built in 1882-83. This was the "standard courthouse design" of McDonald Brothers, an architect firm out of Louisville. Wings were added to the courthouse in 1962 that attempted to match the style.
|Well on Courthouse Lawn - Franklin, Ky.|
William Hudspeth had dug a well onsite, but it was dry. Secretly, he hauled in water to fill the well, and sold the 62 acres that serve as Franklin's downtown area based on this deception. Amazingly, the water he brought in primed the well, and the well ended up being used for years.
There is a well on the courthouse lawn to commemorate this great story in Simpson County's history.